Himalayan Chandra Telescope
INFORMATION FOR GUEST OBSERVERS
- At least one guest observer familiar with observations with optical/infrared telescope is expected to be present at CREST beginning at least 12 hours before the observations start and until at least 12 hours after the observationsa re completed.
- Guest House accommodation and canteen facility are available at CREST. Please book in advance giving arrival and departure details to email@example.com.
- All bills must be settled before leaving CREST. The nearest restaurant and shopping area are in Hosakote town, 5.5 km from CREST. Guest Observers are hence advised to bring with them all their special requirements.
- Transit accommodation may be possible at the Koramangala campus of IIA, if booked sufficiently in advance. Guest Observers should send their requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is daily transport service available between IIA, Koramangala and CREST, Hosakote. Guest Observers may make use of this facility by prior booking (email@example.com). The transport schedule is as follows:
|IIA - CREST||:||08:30 - 09:30|
|CREST - IIA||:||10:30 - 11: 30|
|CREST - IIA||:||16:00 - 17:00|
|CREST - IIA||:||17:30 - 18:30|
- Those who wish to reach CREST on their own may first reach Hosakote and the proceed to CREST as follows:
Follow Old Madras Road for about 2 km.
Take Chintamani diversion to the left (an arch is seen at the entrance of Chintamani Road) and proceed for about 2 km.
When the road forks, a signboard of IIA is seen; keep left to proceed on Jangamakote Road.
Look for CREST main gate at the left, soon after passing by the Chilling Plant of Milk Federation.
- Typically 0.5 to 1 GB of data are produced per night of observation. The data is downloaded during the day and can be copied onto CDs. Guest Observers should bring sufficient CDs to copy their data and also allow for sufficient time to copy the data before they leave CREST.
- All the data will be archived and there are plans to make the data available to public 12 months after observations.
- IRAF and STSDAS will be available to Guest Observers on PCs with linux operating system for data reductions at CREST.
- The Target of Opportunity observations form a part of Assured Time Programme of Indian Astronomical Observatory. Such observations will be coordinated by the Observatory Staff at short notice and some of the allotted time may be used for this purpose.
- All publications resulting from HCT should have an acknowledgement of the form:
"We thank the staff of IAO, Hanle and CREST, Hosakote, that made these obervations possible. The facilities at IAO and CREST are operated by the Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore."
A copy of the preprint and final paper should be sent to The Chairman, Time Allocation Committee, Himalayan Chandra Telescope, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore 560034 (firstname.lastname@example.org)